Friday, July 29, 2011

Creative Writing: The Wish List

photo: F LoBuono/ The Roman Cistern, Istanbul

The Wish List

7/29/11

I wish I had the power in my pen (or cursor) to vanquish all the misogynistic, misanthropic, myopic, and moronic misinformation that’s spewed on the Internet and on TV to the ghoulish hell in which in belongs

I wish I had the words to lift the spirits of those who are suffering

I wish I had the means to clothe the naked

Feed the hungry

House the homeless

I wish I had the courage to challenge injustice wherever I find it

I wish I had the foresight to build a stronger future for the world

I wish I had the compassion to treat everyone and everything with respect

I wish I had the wisdom to always make the right decisions all of the time

I wish I had the understanding to know that I never will always be right

I wish I had the passion to create great works of art

I wish I had the patience to truly listen to others

I wish I had the knowledge to understand all things

I wish I had the strength to stop all those who would do harm to others

I wish I had the love to embrace the world as it is

I wish I had the time to be all of these things

And more . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment