Saturday, May 16, 2020

Today's MOZEN: Savor the Moment

Words and photos by F LoBuono
There are these sublime moments in life, often happening in the most simple of ways and at the most unexpected of times.

You just have to be open to them.

In fact, I had one this evening.

Sitting in my rocking chair on my spacious porch, I was engulfed in the most glorious, golden sunshine. Because, it's been such a disappointing Spring weather-wise, it was particularly pleasing to feel the sun's warming rays on my face. I poured a crackling cold beer to add to the mood. There was this symphony of birds, all kinds of them, seemingly in perfect harmony with the dazzling sunlight. Even the hum of traffic from the not too distant highway could not distract me from their spell. I was also surrounded by all sort of flowering trees - dogwoods, cherry, Japanese red maples, willow, and, just entering season, wisteria.

As I sipped my ice cold brew, drinking in both the beer and the sunshine, a deep feeling of satisfaction descended upon me. Despite the chaos caused by COVID-19, I was filled with gratitude to have that one, singular moment where everything was all right and I was one with the world.

The moment was not lost on me - and, hopefully, there will be more to come - for all of us.

SAVOR THE MOMENT - KEEP THE FAITH!




No comments:

Post a Comment