Friday, August 20, 2021

Today's MOZEN: GET VACCINATED!

 


For the brave souls who actually follow this blog with any regularity, you are aware that I don't shy away from controversy and good, spirited debate. Yes, my intention is, in fact, to stimulate hearty, healthy discourse - even if it gets heated. In my mind, this is how positive change may be implemented.

Still, many say that you can never change anyone's mind on Social Media but I'm not so sure that I totally agree with that. However, what I do know is that if you can't defend your POV with facts, reason, and logic, then you are just bloviating.

A prime example of such folly is the Vaccination Debate.

I italicized Debate to hi light the FACT that it's a misnomer.

THERE IS NO DEBATE!!

The science is clear - the vaccine works.

In fact, it works remarkably well.

Have some people still been infected? Yes. Have some people experienced serious side-effects? Yes. However, these cases have been in the EXTREME minority. The overwhelming amount of people have NOT experienced ANY of these issues and are helping to control, if not completely eradicate the virus, making the Risk/Reward equation very much within the Reward parameters. 100% efficacy is not realistic.

Those anti-vaxers will argue to the point that it's a matter of choice. Well, it is. No one will tie you down and MAKE you take the vaccine. It is YOUR choice. However, you should make that choice in the light of the clear science but you do so by not only putting yourself at serious risk, but jeopardizing the well-being of others.

If this is OK by you, so be it. I will not longer argue or debate with you. I will not waste any more breath. You're bloviating.

I wish you good luck and leave you with one last request -

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment