Sunday, March 27, 2022

Today's MOZEN: Just One Little Man

Words and Photo by F LoBuono

There are days like today when an overwhelming sadness overtakes me. It may be caused by cold, grey and chilly weather, a bad night's sleep or, perhaps, a minor disagreement with a loved one.

However, even though they may be contributing factors, the reasons run deeper and are much more profound.

At least they are to me.

Some may equate this feeling with depression, but I don't feel that's entirely accurate either. Rather, it can best be described as a type of mourning, a despondency for the state of the world itself. It's born out of a sense of frustration and impotence with my inability to change the world in any truly significant way.

Afterall, I mean I'm just one, little man. What CAN I do?

Well, most of my resentment is with the fact that yet another LITTLE MAN (one man, really) is creating such wanton, willful death and destruction around the world - and there seems to be virtually nothing that I can do about it.

How can this be? How could one, little man's ego get that huge that he doth stride the narrow world. Like a Colossus, and we petty men. Walk under his huge legs and peep about. To find dishonorable graves.

If I had a gun, would I (could I) execute him? If I had an army, would I (could I) destroy him?

Well, I don't have either.

But I can still fight back in the only way that one, little man can - with integrity and unwavering desire to always attempt to do the right thing; to treat others, ALL others, with dignity and respect. To never yield, even in the face of impossible odds, to greed, avarice, cruelty and depravity.

And, remember, when just one, little man/woman is joined by another, and then another, and so on until the day comes when we won't be so little any more. THEN we will change the world and send ALL of the Putins to the hell in which they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment