Thursday, July 31, 2014

Today's MOZEN; A Plea For Peace 7/31/2014

Words and photo by F LoBuono
The situation in Gaza is critical. There are many complex reasons why. But nothing happens in a vacuum. Nothing. And there is plenty of cruelty to go around. In a war as vicious as this one (are there any that aren't?), it is difficult for anyone to really claim the so-called Moral High Ground.

I suppose that this is the simplest way that I can explain it:

Hamas desires to reduce its population to martyrdom. And Israel is all too willing to accommodate them.

I am not skilled in international politics and I am certainly no prophet. But I do know that if we don't, somehow, break the cycle of violence we are doomed to repeat it forever. Only love can conquer hate . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment