Thursday, March 29, 2018

For Jerry

F LoBuono

We buried a most remarkable man today; Jerry Donnellan. And, as if the very Heavens cooperated, it dawned as his Irish ancestors would call a soft day - overcast with a benign mist falling like the sky was gently crying.

Thousands came, and rightly so, to honor him. Their memories brought both tears and laughter - because that was the essence of the man. He was many things to many people. To me, he was friend and mentor. And, he taught me a life lesson that I have never forgotten - to pay it forward, ALWAYS - as he did, ALWAYS. Find peace by sacrificing for the good of others.

Whenever I give of myself without reservation to someone in need I am honoring Jerry. I did it while he lived and now I will continue it to honor his memory. This is his legacy to me.

So, let the pipes call you home, my friend, and the gentle mist cradle you in its bosom. Your mission here is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment