Friday, July 13, 2018

Today's MOZEN: The Ugliest American

F LoBuono

It's no secret. In fact, I've written about it so much I can hardly stand to anymore! Therefore, it should be apparent that I am no fan of Donald J. Trump - never have been and never will be. In fact, I rather detest him. And, my reasons go far beyond the realm of politics. It is, in a sense, personal.

You see, Mr. Trump is simply not the type of  person I would gravitate towards on ANY level. In fact, should a person with his temperament send me a Facebook Friend Request I would reject it out of hand! He is a bilious, bellicose, boorish, bully. As I would not choose him as a friend, I most certainly would NOT choose him as a leader. And, I didn't.

And, he proves his unworthiness on an almost daily basis.

He insults our friends and allies with impunity while he lauds dictators and despots. He treats women as objects of his sexual fantasies and brags about it. He berates ANYONE who may have the temerity to disagree with him - on ANY level. And, how anyone accepted and even EXCUSED his behavior for mocking a disabled reporter is beyond me.

So, ONCE AGAIN, I'll make this as simple and as NON POLITICAL as possible:

Donald J. Trump is of poor moral fiber. He puts himself above all people and things. He doesn't speak well. He doesn't write properly. His lexicon is atrocious. His physical appearance is bulbous and fleshy. His hair is fake. His skin color is fake. His smile is fake. He is garish and gaudy. And, he blusters and bashes to hide his own, ample shortcomings.

And, I believe these moral deficiencies more than negate any positive political impact he may have achieved. As he continues to impose his overwhelming cult of personality, he is fundamentally changing the very tenets of what it means to actually BE American - and, not for the better. If he had his way, we would be once again find ourselves disrespected around the globe and saddled with the epithet we fought so hard to dispel: UGLY AMERICAN.

Well, my friends, the UGLIEST American is at the top of the heap!

I suppose that I continue to write these missives for my own sanity as much as for any other reason. But, I find the stakes too high to quit. We are in a fight for nothing less than the Heart and Soul of America. I know where mine lie and I'm pretty sure that most of you who read this blog would concur - Mr. Trump's vision of America is not ours! And, therefore, failure is not an option. Stay involved. March. Write. Vote. RESIST.

3 comments:

  1. Good one Frank, I could not imagine sitting at the same dinner table with him. He is simply a disgusting being. We must not let his behavior become the norm, and I don't care who doesn't like me posting about him so much, it is the way I keep my sanity too. Good for you England - you rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fail to see how "resisting" a rotten personality is going to change a thing! Resist war and preparations for war. Resist the corporatocracy that is infecting every aspect of our lives - the world over (these corporate masters are multinational actors, rich enough to keep the wars going while distracting the people with trivia.) Resist these flim-flam consumer distractions - and that goes double for the media outrage of the day! Resist Trump? Waste of time. The disease is systemic.

    ReplyDelete