Friday, May 17, 2019

When You Think About It: SUPPORT CHOICE!!!

F LoBuono
When asked about abortion, most of the men I know claim, that given the choice, they would not have one. I have to admit that when confronted with that question, my answer would be the same.

And, you know what? What I think when it comes to a woman's body has no fucking bearing on the decision that ONLY she can make!!!! And, the same should be true of ALL men.

As I can never know what it ultimately means to be black (because I am not and never will. be), I can only relate so far as to what they experience. So, whatever comment I may make as to that experience must be viewed through that prism. The same can be said for speaking of a woman's body. I can NEVER know what it is like to be pregnant - what that means physically, mentally, and emotionally. Therefore, I have no RIGHT, either legally or MORALLY to impose my judgment on her. And, no other man does as well!

That's why this is about CHOICE - a WOMAN'S CHOICE to do what is right for herself, her body, and her family.

What is being perpetrated on women from these proposed draconian anti-abortion laws in Georgia, Alabama, Ohio, Missouri, and other States is an assault on women's rights to control their own bodies and, therefore, their own destinies. And, of course, the overwhelming majority of those voting these measures into law are WHITE MEN.

Shame on them for imposing their beliefs where it simply does not, and never WILL, belong.

Let me say this as clearly and concisely as I possibly can: I whole heartily support a woman's right to choose what is best for her body and will defend her right to reproductive freedom with my last breath.

Let's fight these bastards - before it's too late and we lose ALL of the freedoms so many have sacrificed so much to achieve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment