Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Today's MOZEN: There is Truth!

F LoBuono at the CBS Broadcast Center
"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore."  Peter Finch as Howard Beale in Network

I'll be damned before I sit back while people continue to bash the so-called Media and blame the NEWS MEDIA for reporting all the ills that are currently plaguing this Country.

First of all, WTF is The Media? With the explosion of the internet and the various means of communication within it, The Media encompasses a vast array of sources, with NEWS being just one of literally thousands. And, since I work for the NEWS MEDIA and have for over 3 decades, I will limit my comments to that arena.

The NEWS MEDIA is, by and large, staffed with professionals who have been schooled (literally) in the ways of gathering and disseminating information. As part of our training as journalists,(and, that includes not only reporters, but producers, writers, editors, photographers, and even technicians) a healthy dose of ethics is always included in EVERYTHING that we do. It is constantly emphasized that without ethics, we our nothing. In fact, honesty in reporting takes on a sacred role, one that most of us will (and, have) risk our lives for. I know that I feel that way as do ALL of the journalists I work with. Remember, it is not just First Responders who run towards danger while others flee. Journalists are right besides them - I know that I have been - many times. And, I've worked every conceivable hour on every different day of the year, including Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, the 4th of July and every other holiday you can possibly imagine. It's a 24/7/365 meat grinder. Why? Because it's what journalists do!!!

You may call this arrogance, but so be it. I believe I have earned the right to say this: unless you have risked your life in an effort to do YOUR job, you should STFU when it comes to blaming the NEWS MEDIA for everything you see going wrong. We don't MAKE it that way, we just REPORT it. What YOU do with that information is your business, not ours.

“There is truth. The truth is discovered, every fact at a time, every piece of empirical evidence at a time.” Christiane Amanpour

That is all . . . 


2 comments:

  1. I have always agreed with that Frank. The media is always out there, running around, questioning, taking chances. If we didn't have the media we would not find out half of what is going on in this country. I have to take exception with Faux News though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faux News is not real news - although many of the journalists swim against their own tide!

    ReplyDelete