Sunday, January 17, 2021

Today's MOZEN: Not Going Anywhere

F LoBuono

 It's frustrating to the point of exhaustion. Trying to use logic, fact, reasoning, and simple common sense to a Trump supporter is like trying to sell sand to a Bedouin, i.e. a waste of time.

There are times when I just want to scream out loud, STOP IT! JUST STOP IT!! While at others, I simply want to run away to some deserted island that has no electricity and, therefore, no internet of TV (but, it must have a beach and palm trees).

I so want to tune it out but my heart won't let me. I keep hearing the words of Dr. Martin Luther King: Our lives begin to end when we become silent about things that matter. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

So, in other words, failure is not an option. I cannot stop. I will not stop until justice is served and that evil man and all of his minions are relegated to the junk heap of history.

But, man, it's so hard sometimes to reach that level of transcendence.

Here's what I mean.

In a recent Facebook post about the pandemic that caught my eye, there was one response that was particularly blatant in its paranoia. The gentlemen, whom I don't know personally, was blaming Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the world's leading authorities on infectious diseases, for deliberately causing the pandemic. He claimed that Dr. Fauci had heavily invested in a pharmaceutical company that makes vaccines and, therefore, created the virus so he could make an enormous profit on the sale of a life-saving drug.

Really?

This smallish, Italian-American man, who was raised humbly in Brooklyn, NY, went to school, studied like a mad man, became a doctor and then a leading research, ALWAYS had a plan to grow up, infect the world, and then make a huge profit on a vaccine he helped create.

Really?

You can't make this shit up.

But, this is the kind of irrational nonsense that virtually all of Mr. Trump's supporters choose to believe. And, in my mind, it is a choice. There is plenty of factual research available to explain how and why the pandemic happened - and, it ain't Dr. Fauci!!

This is just one of many conspiratorial theories Trump's supporters are rabid believers in. And, unfortunately, this makes them dangerous. Just look at what happened recently at the Capitol. Tens of thousands heeded the call of their madman leader to descend on D.C. and create chaos and mayhem - all for a pack of lies.

No. Unfortunately, now is not the time for my beach retirement. I cannot - we cannot - rest until our Country is returned to us and Mr. Trump and his minions become nothing more than a bad memory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment