Saturday, November 20, 2021

Today's MOZEN: The GREAT Experiment

So much has already been said. And, so much more will be. Besides, what more is there TO say? Whatever might have been cannot undo what has already be done. There is NO Double Indemnity here.

However, if I may add some brief comments:

My heart aches with rage and frustration today, mostly for the families of those lost to Mr. Rittenhouse's callous disregard for human life. But, I also fear for what my Country seems to be becoming - more and more each day; filled with anger, rage, and discord.

However, I will not - cannot - lose faith in the great experiment that is American Democracy. We have survived outrage before. And, unfortunately, we will again. There have been MANY failures (despite those who will not acknowledge them). But, this IS the experiment. If we do not lose hope in achieving a greater good we WILL survive. In fact, if we learn from this, we can only get better. Still, if we keep making the same mistakes over and over, then we are doomed to fail.

I will not watch the news of Mr. Rittenhouse's so-called triumph and the praise that will be heaped upon him by many. I will not even watch those bold enough to protest against the decision.

I'm moving on with an eye to learn from this and do whatever I can to insure that it cannot happen again.

I urge everyone to, once again, remember this:

“I do not pretend to understand the moral universe. The arc is a long one. My eye reaches but little ways. I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by experience of sight. I can divine it by conscience. And from what I see I am sure it bends toward justice.”

                                                               Theodore Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment