Sunday, April 26, 2015

Today's MOZEN: A Meditation on Turning 60, Part II

Photo C. Imperatore/ Words F. LoBuono
It's so much fun to have one day to call your own. Just one. Your birthday.

Certainly, there are other causes to celebrate. There are holidays like Christmas and New Years. The birth of a child or getting married are certainly reasons to spread cheer. However, those events are group affairs. They belong, in a sense, to everyone. Millions celebrate Christmas. Even a wedding involves at least two people. But, YOUR birthday is uniquely yours. It is the one day that, well, where you ARE the ONE. It is your day to be regaled and rewarded.

If you are a lucky man, like I am, you will be blessed by many well wishers - family and friends. It you are fortunate, like I am, you would accept, with good grace, the love that is offered in abundance. And, if you are smart, like I hope to be, you will store that loving, positive energy to be used in the days that lie ahead. Let it forge you with the strength of love and compassion, like that I am feeling today.

I won't forget.

Thank you, my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment