Friday, November 18, 2016

Today's MOZEN: NOT Girl Power

Words and photo by F LoBuono
Well, ladies, I hate to do this but I have a bone to pick with y'all. While it's true that white men voted for Donald Trump in sufficient numbers for him win the election, white women share the "blame", as well. CNN exit polls have indicated that nearly 53% of white women voted for Trump over Hillary Clinton. The fact that Clinton is a woman and Trump made several disparaging, if not down-right misogynistic, statements about women seemed to have little, if any, effect on many women. Their reasoning seem to be encapsulated in these quotes:

"That's because he's not working off a TelePrompTer or a script fine tuned by a consultant and focus groups," the Women for Trump site stated. "We look at his actions, not his words."

and

"Groping is a healthy thing to do. When you're heterosexual, you grope, okay? It's a good thing," Jane Biddick, a female Trump supporter, told New York Magazine.

Really.

And, by my own empirical observations on Facebook and other social media, MANY women flat-out despised Ms. Clinton in ways they could not even articulate beyond "I don't trust her". How they could come up with that conclusion after Ms. Clinton's successful defense in the Benghazi investigation AND the judgment by the FBI that there was no criminal intent in the e-mail fiasco, baffles me. It even infuriates me to think that SO many women were willing to vilify Hillary for her indiscretions while giving the obviously sexist and misogynistic Trump a pass. On a personal basis, I know that all the women that I have close associations with were OUTRAGED at the prospect. Still, I had other friends and family (women) who insisted that Trump's transgressions with women were irrelevant. IRRELEVANT???? How can the character of a man who will lead hundreds of millions be irrelevant? I'm sorry ladies for the vulgar comparison but, with that kind of logic, I assume that it's OK to "grab women who voted for Trump by the pussy simply because I only mean it in good male-type fun"!!

Really.

So, ladies, please spare me the holier than though attitude when it comes to this election. In addition to the tens of millions of voters who never even showed up, there's plenty of blame to go around. And, many of you share the burden.

Epilogue: First, let me thank EVERYONE for their comments. This is a passionate time and everyone's emotions seem to be especially raw. I get it. And, I appreciate the participation. If I might add my two-cents worth (surprise - surprise): I'm a big "character" guy. I will follow anyone that I believe shares the same values of honesty, compassion, passion, fairness, and equality that I do. I see NONE of these things in Mr. Trump. None. And, I've felt that way from the very beginning. He's a bully - and the worst kind of bully - a rich one who pays others to do his dirty work. I cannot follow someone that I don't respect. And, I have NEVER respected him - not from day one. From before the time he MOCKED a disabled reporter to his denigration of certain ethnic groups to the continued bully pulpit tactics, Mr. Trump has shown me nothing to be admired. Nothing. And, you women who "defend" him. Let me add this: if he spoke of the women I associate with in the way he spoke on that bus, he'd have to answer to me. And, I'm a MAN. Ladies, if you wanted to be treated as equals, then act like one!!!!!!!!!!! Don't take that shit!!!!!!!!!!! But, it's too late now. The damage is done. Now, live with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment