Saturday, November 19, 2016

Today's MOZEN: WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

Words and photo by F LoBuono
America, wake up! The Country we once knew is gone. November 8th changed all of that. Get it through your heads: The reports on the death of the GOP were greatly exaggerated. In fact, just the opposite happened. The Republicans now rule in ways beyond their wildest dreams. They control the Presidency, Congress, and, soon, the Supreme Court. And, the feckless, impotent Democrats are, once again, left looking like scolded children.

You can scream. You can hold your breath. You can stomp your feet. You can walk out of every Broadway production known to mankind and Donald Trump is still going to be President. And, the GOP is going to make your lives as miserable as possible - unless, of course, you happen to be a millionaire or billionaire. This is my take on things, anyway. I hope for all of us that I'm wrong. But, based on the past performance of the GOP, I don't think that I am. How they managed to convince working people that they are actually for THEM, with a track record of Union busting and anti-labor legislation, is baffling to me!

The sad thing is that we could have changed towards THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. We were offered a chance to say NO to bigotry, misogyny, and greed. Instead, we choose them as NEW American values. More disturbing is the thought that, perhaps, they always were . . .

As for the future, we all would like to think that no one man can change America that much. Well, it ain't just one man. Trump is just the tip of the iceberg. Beneath will lie a mountain of icy, mostly white men with malice in their hearts. I'm sure that they believe in their vision. Unfortunately, I do not. But, I'm just one little shit-head with a blog. What can I, or anyone else like me, do against the MACHINE? I fear the damage done. The Orange Genie is out of the bottle.

Certainly, I don't want to sound like such a pessimist. By nature I tend to be more "up" than "down". But, this is the real deal, gang. This new administration has the will AND the power to put into a play a vision of America that excludes instead of includes, negates when it should affirm, and punishes rather than rewards. But, unfortunately, that's America. Apparently, at least it is now.

And, I have no answers . . .

1 comment: