Thursday, April 13, 2017

Today's MOSTLY TRUE SHORT STORY: The Whole World Smiles With You

F LoBuono

Rexie and I were bounding up Broadway, approaching the corner of Main St. It was a spectacular early Spring day, especially in comparison to the most recent spate of dreary, dismal weather. The warm sun kissed our faces and the gentle breeze caressed us, filling our hearts with the feeling that everything was once again right with the world. I'm sure that the simple joy of the day must have been reflected in our brisk pace and in the look on our faces - the popular song, Walking On Sunshine, might provide an appropriate sound track.

I noticed two women approaching. They also seemed to also be enjoying the day, window shopping at the Chocolate Shop located near the corner. One of them was observing Rexie and I as we gleefully continued our sojourn. Catching my attention, she said:

 I don't know who has the bigger smile on their face - you, or the dog.

Of course, this turned whatever grin I might have had into a full blown, beaming smile. It was if someone had taken something already pretty damned pleasant and made it even more so.

I love this town.

It can be so nice to share the joy - and, it's so easy to do.

Remember: When you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment