Saturday, April 1, 2017

Today's MOZEN: Ergo Ego

F LoBuono

There is little doubt that I have a healthy ego. Some might find that an understatement, claiming it's FAR more than just healthy. In fact, I've heard it described as enormous. This may be true, but I would tend to disagree. I have a strong sense of who I am and what I am good at. BUT, I am also cognizant of what I just plain suck at - and, that's plenty! I am never falsely modest - I AM good at many things, but not all. This gives me a sense of balance. That's why I say that my ego should be seen as healthy, not YUGE.

I would counter that our President, Donald J. Trump, is the one suffering with ego issues. In every word, every deed, and, seemingly, EVERY thought, Mr. Trump trips all over his. And, this should not be a surprise to anyone. He has exhibited this behavior long before he even considered running for President. Every interview before, during, and since, especially if it personally involves his deeds, is filled with self-aggrandizing accolades like (H)YUGE, GREAT, ENORMOUS, FANTASTIC, and the GREATEST EVER. Furthermore, you must BELIEVE him simply because he says so. THAT is an enormous ego and he falls all over it all of the time. And, it will prove to be his downfall.

Without balance, there can be no compromise. Without compromise, nothing of value can ultimately be accomplished. And, this is exactly what is happening in Washington. Mr. Trump's enormous ego drives every decision that is now being made in Washington. And, this is creating even more of the dysfunction that he promised to eradicate. EVERYTHING done by this administration seems to be calculated to increase Mr. Trump's power, visiblity and status, regardless of whether it seems to be good for the majority of the Country or not. If it's good for Mr. Trump than it's good - PERIOD. The President can SAY that he wants to help YOU, but it is his ACTION that says ME, ME, ME.

Well, what you see is what you get - a man who's very presence SCREAMS look at me; the hair, the girth, the spray-on tan, the attitude of I'm better than everyone. THAT, my friends, is an ENORMOUS EGO - a trait that, in the end, makes for poor leadership. Until he finds that balance, he is doomed to be a legend in his own mind only. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment