Saturday, September 30, 2017

Today's MOZEN: Bully-in-Chief.

F LoBuono

When I was a kid, both of my parents taught me how to deal with bullies. They encouraged me to walk away from violence whenever possible but, at the same time, if teased, I was never to lose face to the point of embarrassment. And, it was never acceptable to allow anyone to place their hands on me. If anyone violated these criteria, I was to fight back with all I was worth. And, I did - rarely winning a fight (if ever) but certainly establishing that I was not to be trifled with, either. They also taught me how to recognize bullies when I should see one. And, I was to pay them the same respect they showed others - NONE. And, it didn't matter who the bully was or what position they might hold. Respect is earned, not given freely. They certainly would never get mine! So, I know a bully when I see one.

And, I see our President, Donald J. Trump as the consummate bully. In fact, based on his behavior, one could call him the Bully-in-Chief.

Everything about him screams that moniker!

There have been many incidents proving my claim including (for just a sampling) his brutal attacks on Hillary Clinton, a disabled reporter, reporters and the press in general, Jeff Sessions, Reince Preibus, and too many others to list. In classic bully fashion, he uses his position as the most powerful man on the planet by attempting to reduce ANYONE who may disagree with him into a quivering mass of jelly.

His latest diatribe has been to insult (if not verbally assault) Puerto Ricans in general and the mayor of San Juan in particular. It seems that the fact the island has been virtually destroyed in the wake of 2 hurricanes is no excuse to beg for help from an administration that, until VERY recently, has largely ignored it. He actually called out the mayor, an incredibly accomplished and compassionate woman, for poor leadership despite the fact that she has been ubiquitous throughout the crisis while the President has been seen playing golf at his private club. Then, to add insult to injury, he chided Puerto Ricans themselves for not being self-sufficient enough! "They went everything done for them when it should be a community effort", he tweeted.

Really.

Only a fleshy, over-bearing insensitive, privileged, insolent cad would think of kicking an entire island while it was down!! In other words - BULLY.

They say that we must respect the Office of the President. I say, BULL SHIT. I don't respect anyone simply because of the position they hold. I do so by the strength of their character. I don't give a shit if a person lives on the street - if they do so with honor and integrity then they have my respect. And, conversely, if a wealthy CEO is callous and abusive (like Mr. Trump), they have only earned my scorn.

No. As I would not have Mr. Trump as a friend or even confidant, I would certainly not have him as MY President. He may have the title - but, he does not have my respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment