Thursday, September 21, 2017

Today's MOZEN: Think Simple

F LoBuono

There are those days when the force of gravity seems unnecessary - the world just sucks. No one is immune. At least I've never met anyone who's outlook is so completely positive as to, well, negate negativity. And, the faster the world gets, the harder it is to cope: see Alvin Toffler's, Future Shock.

So, there it is.

What are we going to do about it?

Well . . .  we have to find a little yin to counter that yang. And, if you wait for something grand, you are destined to be disappointed. For, it usually happens in the most simple ways.

In the past few weeks, I had thought I lost three items that had no monetary value or any other, real significance. In fact, they are not even worth listing individually. Therefore, losing them should have been of no consequence. But, they were important to ME. And, I think the fact that I made an effort to KEEP from losing them in the first place really had me frustrated. But, in each case, just when I was about to resign them to who knows where it went file, I looked in one, last place. And, MUCH to my pleasure, it worked in every case! Man, you should have seen me smile when I found each item.

Certainly, there will be days when things lost stay that way - but, it was not one of those days. And, I accepted them for the gifts they were.

Simple.

One of my theories about what happens in heaven is that there will be a movie of your life with a portion devoted to showing you EXACTLY where and how you lost all of those things that drove you crazy not knowing. But, that's a story for another day . . .







No comments:

Post a Comment