Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Today's MOZEN: I Am Not Afraid

F LoBuono
In an interesting debate on social media concerning, what else, the Second Amendment, a friend stated that he was concerned with the attacks on its premise that all Americans have a right to bear arms. In his argument, he stated that he believed the amendment to be "the most important in the Constitution". Of course, not believing that, I countered, "Really? Even more than the 1st Amendment which protects our freedoms of speech, press and assembly?" Another person whom I did not know countered with "that's why our Founding Fathers passed the 2nd - to protect the first." My friend agreed with him.

Really.

What and whom are these people afraid of???

Every American has a weapon that they were born with: it's called A VOICE. And, it's more powerful than any weapon ever created. Generations of Weapons of Mass Destruction have come and gone through the history of mankind - from the club to Atomic Weapons. But, ultimately, non have proven more powerful than that of FREE SPEECH. No weapon will EVER take my voice away. No threat of violence will EVER keep me from speaking MY truth as I see it. A million atom bombs would not make it less so. Therefore, in the end, what is truly more powerful?

This has been proven again and again. Preachers of the Truth of Non-violence have been gunned down - literally. Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and countless others have all met violent deaths at the muzzle of a gun. Yet, their truth, their words, live on and will do so forever.

Guns took them and guns could not SAVE them. And, they knew this. Still they persisted in their message because it is the WORD that will live on. It is the freedom that they sought - the freedom against violence created with our obsession for guns - that has made them immortal. And THAT, my friends, is real power. No gun in my hand or anyone else's can change that.

So, allow me to end with a statement and a question:

I am not afraid.

Are you??


No comments:

Post a Comment