Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


A friend, whom I respect enormously, and I were having a discussion as to the existence of god. Simply put, he is a believer and I am not. He argues for god's presence in our lives. I cannot make that connection. I envy people of genuine faith, like him, but I have found no purchase there. His premise is that, ultimately, we all need to believe in something, some higher power. My response was that I certainly DO believe in something. I believe in honesty, integrity, freedom in all its forms, justice, and, of course, LOVE. And, perhaps, most importantly, I believe in me. I believe in my ability to see the right course and to pursue it - to always do the right thing. And I believe that this ability lies within all of us. We only need to turn our vision inward to see it.

So, HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone. I wish you the peace and happiness that togetherness with family and friends so easily gives. May you all have this and much more to be thankful for.

:)

2 comments: