Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Today's MOMENT OF ZEN 8/22/12


Words and Photo by F LoBuono

While participating in a heated, political debate on Facebook (I'm sure that most of you have been involved in one of THOSE, LOL!), a friend wrote this to me: how come your photography's so Zen and your politics so angry"?  My response is two-fold: First, my politics, in general, are not angry. I am, by nature, an easy-going person. I usually don't enjoy conflict. And I'd much rather laugh then cry. And this brings me to my second, and most important point, someone should never mistake compassion for weakness. My entire political platform is based on compassion. It is the fountainhead from which all my philosophy emanates - personal AND political. However, even a compassionate person has room for righteous indignation. And when it comes to today's political scene, I have plenty of that!!! In a sense, I only "hate" the "haters" and I won't be bullied. I've always been that way. As a kid, I never had a problem with standing up for what I believed in, even at the cost of my own well being. And I'm still the same way.

So, you haters out there, you'd better bring your "A" game if you want to cross swords with me - 'cause I'm certainly going to bring mine.

And have a NICE DAY!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment