Saturday, August 4, 2012

Today's MOMENT OF ZEN 8/4/12

Words and Photo by F LoBuono

I'm constantly extolling the virtues of walking. It's rare for me to get tired while walking and I absolutely NEVER get bored with it! It's simply the best way to experience any place - town or country. You see. You hear. You smell. All senses are (or should be!) working. Your heart is pumping. Your muscle fibers are flexing. Your head is processing. If you allow yourself, you become one with everything around you. It's good for the head. It's good for the heart. It's good for the soul. And, now, it's even good for the pocket! While crossing a street on my way into town, I found this dollar bill waiting for me in the middle of the street. Sure, it's only a dollar, but you know the saying, a dollar found is a dollar earned! Or is it a penny? Whatever. It's more than I had with me when I started walking!

So, I'm gonna' keep that dollar. It's going to bring me luck and truly good fortune. It has to. It's ZEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment