Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Today's MOZEN 8/14/2013

Words and photo by F LoBuono

Ordinarily, I write my own Moments of Zen (MOZEN is the witty acronym). After all, they are MY thoughts. Of course, they are often inspired by other sources. Infrequently, however, I am compelled to present someone's else work virtually in its entirety and with little additional comment. So it is today with this verse from Simon and Garfunkle's immortal song The Boxer. Its metaphor of boxing as a paradigm for life is brilliant in its conception and execution.

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that layed him down and cut him until he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I AM LEAVING. I AM LEAVING". But the fighter still remains . . .

Be true to yourselves and your nature, my friends. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment