Monday, December 21, 2015

Today's MOZEN: Be Careful What You Wish For!

Words and photo by F LoBuono
When I was a kid I knew that I would never work a 9-5 job. Like most, I had dreams of accomplishing many things in my life that didn't involve sitting in a suit and tie at an office all day. I was going to be a ball player or a research scientist or a deckhand on a freighter sailing around the world or a fighter pilot or a doctor or, maybe, even President - anything but living a standard 9-5 existence. In the ultimate irony I virtually never saw myself in my current (and lifelong) profession- the TV News business!

Well, one thing DID come to pass - I most certainly do not work a 9-5 job. In fact, at this point of my 30 plus year career I have worked virtually every shift BUT 9-5! As a so-called freelance worker in TV News, broadcasters feel free to give you whatever hours that THEY need filled, regardless of what YOUR needs may be. That's just how it is. And, I accept that. So, you get schedules like the one I have this week -

5 days, working 5 different shifts. AND, by the time I am done, I will have worked EVERY hour of the day: 12 am-8 am, 4 am-4 pm, 4 pm-12 am, 10 am-6 pm, and 8 am-4 pm.

So, what is the lesson here? Well, to answer I'll have to use one of my favorite hackneyed  phrases:

Be careful what you wish for. You just may get it!

Have a wonderful day Holiday Season and *KEEP ON WISHIN'!!!!!

*But, be careful for what that may be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment