Friday, November 17, 2017

Today's MOZEN: Trickle 'On Down

F LoBuono

A leopard can't change its spots. A zebra can't change its stripes. And, the Republicans will never pass a tax reform bill that ultimately favors the middle class.

They are all hackneyed phrases.

They are all also true.

As is my K.I.S.S (keep it simple, stupid - referring to me, of course) philosophy, here is my brief version as to why:

It is not in the GOP's ethos or raison d'etre. Simple put, it's not what they are about - never have been and never will be. It's just not in their DNA (my god, I'm full of hackneyed phrases today!). They are the party of MONEY.

The Republican platform, when it comes to economics can be summed up (K.I.S.S) as Trickle Down Ecomics. That is; if you reward people of money, i.e. wealthy business owners, they will use their natural born drive to make more money by creating more jobs for the middle and lower classes, thereby driving a thriving economy.

So, there you have it in a nutshell - Trickle Down Economics.

What is so worrisome to me is that, despite the facts presented by the economists that I have read disputing the effectiveness of this platform, the GOP has been able to sell it to working people for years.

And, still do.

The current version of tax reform legislation that just passed the GOP controlled House and is currently in the Senate, is just another version. I readily admit that I am not an economist - haven't even really studied it all that much. But, despite those who may see it to the contrary, I'm not an idiot, either. This bill is another Republican attempt to say to the middle and lower classes; Trust us. Let us and our cronies make BIG money and we PROMISE that you'll get SOME of it.

What is so amazing to me is that the working and middle classes have bought it for years.

And, still do.

Of course, thank god, this is STILL a free Country and we have the ability to make our own choices. It's time to make yours.

Be heard.




No comments:

Post a Comment