Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A MESSAGE TO MY STUDENTS

F LoBuono

12/13/2017

As the end of our semester approaches, I wanted to take a few moments to share some thoughts with you. First and foremost, let me express what an honor and pleasure it was to help guide all of you with your journey – in school, your profession, and, perhaps, even life. And, as I said on our very first day, you have certainly taught me as much as I have taught you.

Now, more than ever, it is important to discover your voice and use it to better not only yourselves, but those around you. My most sincere hope is that I did something, anything, to aid you in that discovery.

Always approach your work (and, your life) with passion. Anything worth doing is worth doing to the utmost of our abilities. Remember, the most important machine is not the one you hold in your hands but, rather, the one between your ears. Incorporate honesty and integrity into everything that you do. Without those two characteristics our stories are worthless. Have confidence in your abilities but be humble, as well. Don’t take NO for an answer, especially when you know you are right. Never let anyone intimidate from speaking your truth. Be brave in the face of your opposition. Understand the power that a truthful force conveys and acknowledge the responsibility that comes with it.

And, have fun – the world is your oyster! Be the person you dream to be.

Just because we will no longer see it other on a weekly basis, it doesn’t mean that I am abandoning you.  I am always available to my students – and, always will be. Because that’s the way it should be.

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
                                                                                                              Winston Churchill


No comments:

Post a Comment