Monday, October 15, 2018

Today's MOZEN: It IS Personal

F LoBuono

Recently, I posted an internet meme of a photo featuring a group of women at a Trump rally staring at the President with adoring eyes. The copy associated with the photo, shall we say, "questioned", that as women, how they could so willingly support a man who in so many ways has shown his disrespect for women? 
(photo below)

Of course, as I had hoped it would, the post promoted a solid thread of responses. As most came from people with sentiments similar to mine,  they agreed with the overall theme of the post. Others, of course, took exception.

Here is a literal quote from one of those in opposition:

personal attacks is all you got

That's it. No capital. No punctuation. Direct grammar.

Well, that's both correct and incorrect.

It is incorrect because I have more ammunition to support my case against this President and his administration than simply personal attacks. I have, and continue to, list my grievances to his policies and those who administer them.

However, it is also correct because it IS personal. Mr. Trump does not display any characteristics that I personally admire or would seek in a friend, much less a leader:

He is a bully.
He is a braggart.
He is a womanizer.
He is a liar.
He is a glutton.
He is greedy.
He is a fraud.

So, I pose this to the gentleman quoted above and his other supporters:

Of my own version of The Seven Deadly Sins listed above, which ones do YOU ignore and which do you suggest that I should also?




3 comments: