Friday, August 16, 2019

Today's MOZEN: Ergo Ego

F LoBuono
It's no government secret that I have a healthy ego. In fact, some would say that it gives me an air of arrogance. Well, too bad. Even though humility should be a trait in everyone's emotional tool box, a good mixture of self promotion is also necessary. It is, indeed, essential. A big part of that awareness is to like what you see, literally. And, overall, I like me - a lot. Sure, I suck at some stuff. But, in fairness, I'm pretty damned good at others, too.

Here's why I believe that.

If you live a full life, as I have attempted to, you can't be afraid of failure and heartache. Both will come to you - in spades. However, you can never ultimately win if you go through life always expecting to lose. And, this is where the ego comes in. You HAVE to believe in yourself, often when no one else does. Otherwise, you will perpetually walk around with your head between your legs until it winds up your ass!

Life is full of moments of bliss and pleasure. But, it also has those that just kick the shit out of you. They certainly provide balance by knocking you down a peg or two. So, if you have some confidence in reserve, i.e. ego, you will have enough left in your tank to get you to the next gas station so you can just keep going.

And, I intend to keep going until there is no gas left in my tank nor stations left to fill it up with.

That is all . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment