Friday, August 5, 2011

The Queen of Soul - Aretha!

My assignment last night was to travel to Coney Island (the motherland for me!) to videotape the first two songs of Aretha Franklin's concert to be held just off the boardwalk there (copyright issues prevent us from shooting more of the show). It was to be her first concert after her serious health issues. It was a most beautiful evening in a very historic setting. And the Queen of Soul was in fine form! She looked and SOUNDED great!! I was so close that I could practically touch her.

I guess that, somedays, ya' just get lucky. :)

Just part of the huge crowd. Check out the historic (but derelict) Bath House on the right. The famous Boardwalk is in the distance.

She rocked right from the start!

Still a large women, she was much thinner then she has been in recent years. She looked strong.



Belting out the tune! She gave it all up!

Great connection with her audience.

Playing with the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment