Friday, December 23, 2011

Social Commentary: A Christmas Message.


When I think of Christmas, I usually don't approach it from a religious, commercial, or even nostalgic POV. Sure, I have wonderful memories of my family, all together, sharing simple gifts around my mother's silver tree! You know, a White Christmas, chestnuts roasting, and yada, yada. They sure were simple and great times. But that's not what's in the forefront of my thinking. No, my mind turns towards The Message. What does it all mean?

For me, it's always been a message that is brilliant in it's brevity, simplicity, and profundity. I see it as the "true" Christ message that transcends any religious ritual or dogma. And it is this:

Peace on Earth. Good will to all mankind. Love above all else.

Do we really need to say more?

But I will say this to all of my friends (and I won't say "foes", too. Not today) -

From me and my whole family; Peace to all, love, health, happiness in this season and for all seasons. MERRY CHRISTMAS - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment