Friday, May 15, 2015

Today's MOZEN: The DOD 5/15/2015

F LoBuono
When I started this blog a few years ago, I created a regular feature called the DOD or Douche of the Day. The title was self-explanatory. It featured a person of particularly low character who had "accomplished" something worthy of our ridicule, if not our outright scorn. As the world is today there was no shortage of candidates. However, after a fairly successful run, I discontinued the series. A friend, who enjoyed the concept of the feature, felt the title was more raw than clever and, therefore, beneath me. Besides, I've been trying to effect change in positive ways rather than by anger and frustration. So, I decided to shelve it.

Still, with that said, I (we) must remain vigilant and call out those who fill the world with hate, anger, bigotry, and intolerance. We must expose the haters for what they are. They often try to hide under a mantle of morality and justice that merely disguises there true intentions. Their hearts are not filled with honesty and love but, rather, greed and insensitivity. They would keep others down for their own gain. And, they are all around us everyday. We see them on TV. We read about them in the papers. They are certainly in abundance on Facebook. They follow the lowest common denominator rather than seek compromise and create solutions.

It's true, we cannot defeat them using their own methods. MLK has shown us the way: darkness cannot drive out darkness - only light can do that. So, let's show them the light. Sure, there will be those who refuse to see, but that must not deter us. The only guarantee in life is that if don't try you can't win. I intend to try for as long as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment