Saturday, May 9, 2015

Today's MOZEN: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 2015

Words and photo by F LoBuono
I can't speak for others, however, I'm sure that most would echo my sentiments. No one loves you like your mother. No one. You may have great loves in your life, but no one will ever love you like your mother. No one. It is a fierce and consuming thing. You may share passion with others, but you will never be understood on the same level as the person who bore and raised you. She would die for you and, if necessary, kill for you. She does not judge.She doesn't question why, she knows. It lies in the world beyond words. If you are sick, she knows before you do. If you lie, she knows before the words leave your mouth. If you fall in love with another, she knows before the feeling reaches your heart. Call it a mother's intuition, but whatever it may be, no one but your mother can know you intimately enough to be so much inside of your head. It's both comforting and frightening.

I have a unique and special relationship with my mother. I have often written about it. As some my know, I call her by her first name, Stella. It's not done out of disrespect or frivolity. Generally, she hates that I do it. But, I have always felt comfortable doing it. It's such a beautiful name and it suits her so well. Besides, I don't just love my mother, I LIKE her. We are friends - good friends who can share a conversation on virtually any level. It's never a chore to be with her. In fact, it's a downright pleasure. When we go for lunch, she insists on paying. Always. I explain to her that I'm a working man and I can really afford to pay for lunch. Her reply? "I don't care, Frankie. I'm still your mother. If I want to buy you lunch, I'll buy you lunch". And, you know what? I let her!

She's been my biggest fan and supporter. When I'm ready to quit she is there to encourage me. Her faith in me inspires me to go on. She will not allow me to quit on myself. Her support is unwavering and unfailing. She is strong for me when I am weak. She is smart for me when I dumb. She is brave for me when I am afraid. And, she always will be. She is very found of saying that at ANY age (she's 91), she will ALWAYS be my mother.

So, here's to you, Stella - MOM. You've been the best to me for sixty years and I fervently hope for sixty more. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU AND TO ALL WOMEN - ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment