Friday, May 29, 2015

Today's MOZEN: There Is Only One You

Photo - C Imperatore Words - F LoBuono
There is only one Gandhi, MLK, Einstein, Edison, Picasso, Shakespeare, Curie, Alexander, Salk, Gutenberg, Cleopatra, Newton, Ruth, and Leonardo. The greatness of their contributions to society and culture has withstood the test of time and is evidenced by the fact that we recognize them by a single name.

I long to have the same type of impact on my world as they had on theirs. However, I am not them. I am only me. I can aspire to be LIKE them, but I can never BE them. Therefore, I cannot allow the longing for recognition sway me from my mission to be the best person that I can be, every single day. When I look in the mirror at the end of the day, will I see someone I can be proud of? If I do, the rest will take care of itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment