Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Today's MOZEN: Heaven Vs Hell. Part II. HELL

Words and photo by F LoBuono
Previously, we heard of TalkFrank's version of Heaven. Now, it's time to visit Hell.

In TalkFrank's interpretation of Hell, I instinctively wander into a large auditorium. Conversely to the room in Heaven where I am alone, here the expansive space is filled with hundreds, if not thousands of people. Also, instead of the pure white cotton outfit that I wore in heaven, now I have little on - really not more more than a loincloth. I take the only remaining seat at the front, facing a large movie screen.

After a few anxious moments, the lights dim and the crowd quiets. The film begins. Suddenly, similar to my time in Heaven, the video appears to be a reality show of my life. However, this time it shows incidents of total embarrassment. It was obvious that whatever it was that I did (picking my nose, scratching my ass, hiding a fart, accidental wetting my pants), it was NEVER supposed to be seen by ANYONE. But, sure enough, there I was, in all my red-faced misery, sharing private moments with thousands of total strangers. And, worse still than sharing with strangers, I was made to watch ALL of my foibles, faux paus, and f'ups in front of my family and friends. There were those odd moments when I would sing to myself in a strange voice or speak in some unknown language. Of course, checking myself out in a mirror, naked, was a recurring theme. Whatever was MOST embarrassing was made available for everyone's viewing pleasure. Nothing was sparred.

The crowd roars with laughter as I attempt to shrink to nothingness within my chair. I can feel my face burning with shame. But, no matter how hard I squirm in my seat or attempt to avert my eyes, I cannot avoid the mocking laughter. I am powerless to leave or even look away. I am forced to witness each and every private, embarrassing moment without reprieve.

Hell leaves most people with a vision of fire and brimstone, leading to agonizing pain for all eternity. Yes, indeed, that's a pretty shitty interpretation. But, for someone like me, to have your pride stripped away - forever - is worse than any hellish inferno!

From now on, I'm going to figure that someone is watching - ALL of the time. So, I'd better behave.


No comments:

Post a Comment