Monday, November 30, 2015

Today's Not Too True Story


Words and photo by F LoBuono
We were driving to a party and were in a festive mood.

As we speed along, I sang, full voiced, with the Three Dog Night CD playing on the car stereo -

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever know!

Ah, you might want to keep to keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road, Cynthia interrupted.

You've unleashed the beast and there is no going back now, my dear. You might as well try to hang on and enjoy the ride, I replied.

Two can be as bad as one. It's the loneliest number since the number one, the chorus continued.

If you say so, Frankie, Cynthia retorted.

Indeed I do, my dear. Indeed I do.

4 comments:

  1. That's putting' her her place, damnit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, Fa...Harry Nilsson did it better anyway in my opinion. My friends all listened to TDN & sang those tunes, I was just the designated driver - without a license in those days. haaa they were all drinkin' Just wasn't my style. We were living in East Boothbay in 1973 when that came out.

    ReplyDelete