Saturday, November 21, 2015

Today's MOZEN: We CAN Do It!



Words and Photo by F LoBuono
OK. I take my share of criticism for my pointed opinions. Some of it is fair. A lot of it is not. I get most of it when I become indignant. I just can't help it. It's my hyperactive nature. Still, beyond my bluster lies a deeper motivation. I never take these posts lightly and use all the skills that I may poses to make them as real as possible. Of course, it is MY reality and that must be considered. So, with that said, I have another "rant":

WASHINGTON (AP) — Just a reminder during these election times. Remember it was a Republican majority Senate that derailed Democratic legislation that would have provided $21 billion for medical, education and job-training benefits for the nation's veterans.

I would like, once again, to be indignant and remind EVERYONE that these are the same people who have delayed, if not blocked, the entrance of 10,000 desperate Syrian refugees - often using the meme Money for Vets before a penny for Migrants. I can't tell you how many people within the debate that rages over the refugee issue have posted to Facebook photos of homeless veterans with that slogan splashed across it. Really? And, then the same people have the cujones to deny OUR most needy AND worthy the very benefits that would lift them our of poverty??? Really?

They have a word for this type of behavior. It's called hypocrisy.

You can't, on one hand, use that argument to defend your position supposedly supporting veterans and then, on the other, vote to screw them!! This, as I have so often pointed out, is a case of Cognitive Dissonance, i.e. the disability of constantly distorting a narrative to fit their vision of the way things SHOULD be instead of how they are.

Also, let's get beyond the so-called "safety" issue. Yes. We MUST remain vigilant. We must balance our free society with making it a safe one. This is a battle that we have waged since the very beginning of this Country!! It has always been with us and it always will be. To BE an American is to except a certain amount of risk. It is one of the things that separates us from the rest of the world. And, so it should be now. To think that a terrorist lurks behind every Syrian woman and child is not only unrealistic, it borders on paranoia! Let's put our best efforts where they belong - stopping TERRORISTS, not woman and children.

I am not afraid. I REFUSE to be afraid. It I were to be, I'd be letting those SONS OF BITCHES win. They never will. And, I can SHOW them just how unafraid I am - by being AMERICAN - OPEN, HONEST, FREE!!!!!!! Let's show them. Help our veterans AND Let them in.


No comments:

Post a Comment