Monday, September 5, 2016

Guest Blogger: Steve Korvec - "The Butterfly Message".



Words and photo by Steve Lorevec
People who are knowledgeable about these creatures tell me that this species can not be definitively identified. It seems that where this particular butterfly is found is in an overlap area between the breeding ranges of two distinct species.
These particular butterflies show identifiable characteristics from each species that would normally only be found on one and not the other when confined to their normal range areas.
It seems that the two species interbreed, and that explains the sharing of those characteristics.
So to one group of people this would be a case of evolution at work, while others will tell us something else. I have no wish to enter into that argument, I have my own opinion, and will respect that of those who don't share it.
What I do find interesting is that with this global event that has been scientifically proven, and many non-scientist's have trouble accepting, our planet is warming, and more species overlap is happening because of it.
So species that have never come together previously are doing so today, and to survive, they are adapting.
You can call it whatever you want, but that it's happening can not be denied.
Just my $0.02.

Steve Korevec

4 comments:

  1. Kinda funny as I'm just an old man with a camera who photographs things that interest me. i really enjoy the simple and beautiful things that I see, I actively look for them.

    There's something else that photography has given me that was never anticipated, a thirst to know about those things that I photograph. The craft becomes a teacher if you'll let it.

    Thanks Frank,

    Steve Korevec

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like for one person to show any time in earths history when the climate didn't change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like for one person to show any time in earths history when the climate didn't change.

    ReplyDelete