Wednesday, December 14, 2016

In Memory: Sandy Hook

Words and photos by F LoBuono
I debated all day with myself if I should make a comment. It's the anniversary, if you will, of the massacre of 26 innocents at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. It's just too damned tough to even think about.

Of the hundreds, if not thousands, of assignments I have drawn in my 30+ years in television, this one was simply the worst. Everything about it sucked. The weather was abysmal. The hours brutal. And, the story just heart rending. The pain in that town was palpable. The residents were completely devastated. Working there was like being at a funeral 24 hours a day. After a time, we had worn out our welcome and the town folk simply wanted us GONE. And, as soon as our assignment was complete, we were glad to oblige. We also just wanted to get home and hug our loved ones.

I think of those innocent ones from time to time. And, I give pause to pray that it never happens
again . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment