Friday, December 2, 2016

Today's MOZEN: Welcome to the Age of Trumpism

F LoBuono
What can you say that hasn't already been said? It is what it is. Ain't gonna' change. You get what you pay for. Read it and weep. Se la vie. And, so on and so forth. You can use every cliche' and hackneyed phrase that you can muster, but the FACT remains:

Donald Trump will be President of the United States.

In the last view weeks there have been a plethora of articles, mostly of the "hand-ringing" type, warning of the potentially devastating effects a Trump administration would have on the middle class. This may or may not be the case. I KNOW which side my feelings lie. But, only time and history will tell with certainty. Besides, that's not THE point.

It's too fucking late.

From the VERY beginning of the campaign, Trump's millions of followers could not be shaken in their devotion to him - NO MATTER WHAT he may have said to insult millions of fellow Americans. As long as he didn't insult THEM, it was just fine. NO MATTER WHAT false promise he may have made to them, it was irrelevant. He promised THEM. He said "believe me" and that was enough. One of the few things he was absolutely right about was the statement he made saying that he could shoot someone on Park Ave. and it still wouldn't matter to his minions.

And, I ask you friends, now that he was WON IT ALL, why, in heaven's name, would THEY change that ??

A recent focus-group interview on CNN with Trump supporters showed a shocking misinterpretation, if not a flat out denial, of the facts involving the Presidential campaign. Simply because Mr. Trump claimed something to be true was enough for them - the latest being his outrageous and unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud. It was frightening to watch.

Despite his momentary lucidity when he rolled back some of his more outrageous campaign promises, he is back to the old DONALD - arrogant, bellicose, patronizing. His latest "Victory Tour" is amble evidence of his enormous ego. And, instead of Draining the Swamp he has simple re-populated it with more old alligators. He has filled his Cabinet so far with Washington and Wall St. insiders.

Welcome to the age of TRUMPISM.

And, I ask you friends, now that he has WON IT ALL, why, in heaven's name, would HE change that?

So, please spare me the articles deriding Trump's plans. I never believed him from the beginning.

And, I ask you friends, now that he was WON IT ALL, why, in heaven's name, would I change that?

No, second guessing and speculation about our future is not for me. I live day to day, doing the best that I can to live my life in a just and fair way. I see no need to change that now. I suggest that you do the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment