Monday, May 1, 2017

QUOTE OF THE DAY - James Baldwin

F LoBuono

It's no secret as to where my sentiments lie in regards to President Donald J. Trump. I'd like to say that nothing has changed. However, that would not be entirely accurate. I have changed. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it has.

Many still cling to the belief that the office of the President demands respect beyond whomever might hold the office. I disagree. Vehemently. Respect must be earned on EVERY level. A title is nothing more than costume jewelry if it is not truly earned and kept through a bond created by honesty, intelligence, and empathy - traits that this President has shown little, if any, affinity for.

The latest round of moronic responses to legitimate questions including those about the Civil War and Andrew Jackson show a man who woefully lacks in intelligence, subtlety, and intuition. In fact, they would be laughable if we were talking about a comedian instead of the Leader of the Free World.

I suppose that James Baldwin may have expressed this concern best:

Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have.


* The opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any other person or entity.

No comments:

Post a Comment