Thursday, January 11, 2018

Today's MOZEN: Always Love

Words and photo by F LoBuono
A friend posted a most interesting question on Facebook the other day. She asked: What is the more powerful emotion - love or fear?

Most people answered simply, choosing one or the other without much explanation. What I found most interesting was the amount of people who responded - FEAR. I have no hard numbers to support my observation, but my recollection is clear; a goodly amount (i.e. the majority) chose fear as their answer.

Now, I'm not judging. Since few offered an explanation as to why they made their choice, it is impossible for me to know exactly what their motivations may have been. Besides, fear is, indeed, a powerful, often overwhelming force. I believe that we all have felt the paralyzing effect of deep, eminent fear. Certainly, if we have not experienced it in our active lives, we have in our subconscious, i.e. dreams. And, from gangsters to despots, fear is used to control millions. It works - at least in the short term.

But, I did not answer with the majority (imagine that!). I responded immediately. In my mind, there was no hesitation:

LOVE.

It is something that I more than simply believe. It is something in my heart and soul that I KNOW.

And, I explained my reasoning to the friend who had posted the original query.

I know this woman to be an educator and, perhaps, above all, a mother who desperately loves her children. Her regular posts lauding them is ample evidence. I responded directly to her: I KNOW that you would not hesitate for ONE SECOND to give your life to save that of one of your children.

She agreed.

THIS is the overwhelming POWER of true love - a deep, abiding, overwhelming thing that, in the final analysis, kicks FEAR'S ass - every time!

When we finally understand and ACCEPT that fact, fear will lose its grip.


2 comments:

  1. I am so flattered that you used my post and blogged about it. I feel like I have earned some type of honor!! WOW!! Thank you, my friend!! I've earned a Mozen!! I heart you!!!

    ReplyDelete