Thursday, January 25, 2018

Today's MOZEN: Fur and All

F LoBuono

My father was a wonderful man; loved his children and animals with a passion. He was kind and gentle, tough but fair. He taught me that every person should be judged on the strength of their character and nothing else.

And, the poor man was covered in enough body hair to give the missing link a run for his money! I mean it seemed like the only part of his body not covered by it was his eyes! For those of you who remember some of the classic characters from the bizarre world of professional wrestling, think George "The Animal" Steele.

We would tease him about it, too. If he was standing in his undershorts, ready for bed, we would stop him, saying: Hey, you can't go to sleep yet!

He would respond, WHY?

Because you haven't taken your sweater off yet.

We all roared with laughter!

I'm sure that he heard the snickering and the cruel jabs of others. I heard many a woman call it "gross". But, it never seemed to bother him. I never saw him look away in shame or even get angry at his tormentors. He just took it all in stride.

And, so did my mother.

I remember reminiscing years after his death about how we - and, others - would tease him about his follicular abundance. My mother chimed in immediately saying, It never bothered me. NO, SIR - not for one second.

That my friends, is loving someone EXACTLY for who they are - fur and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment