Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's the Little Things


I don't know about you, but it's the little things that can drive me crazy! For example, I was driving home from work last night. It was after midnight so the traffic was pretty sparse, especially on my main road home, The Palisades Interstate Parkway or PIP. The PIP is a nice, 2 lane, older, country highway that runs from the George Washington Bridge to Bear Mountain (about 30 miles). Anyway, even though the speed limit is 50 MPH for most of its length, the police will allow you to travel at 65-70 without penalty (unless it's when what I call "sweeps week"). So, since there is little traffic, I set my cruise control for about 68 and just keep a steady pace all the way. However, in NEVER fails that I will be in the left lane, anticipating passing the slower moving vehicle in the right lane, when said vehicle, without rhyme, reason, or provocation, decides to shift into the left lane, effectively cutting me off and forcing me to illegally pass them on the right! Often, they'll give you the finger when you go by, too! WTF?! There was absolutely NO REASON for them to change lanes. Yet, they did it. Why? Obviously, to just PISS ME OFF!

I know they say, "don't sweat the small stuff", and they're right. But it's the little things that add up over the course of a day that are the real challenge to having a positive outlook on the human race.

Have a nice day. :)

photo: F LoBuono

3 comments:

  1. Ah, but its the 'little things' that make life worthwhile. Its finding this amazing photo of the GWB - an important monument in my life as I sit here in Kentucky. Its reading your words and hearing your voice in my head say them. Its waking up next to someone you love - everyday. Its that first cup of coffee. Its an amazing glass of wine - better shared with friends. It IS sitting in traffic on the PIP or on the GWB - realizing that you are there - in the most amazing city in the world. Its the crack of the bat at Opening Day, baby! C'mon Frank! It IS the little things...and one of the things I love most about you is how you find ways to savor them and share them with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent response! I needed that. And go Yankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS; That is if we get the game in. We're expecting 1-3 inches of snow! :)

    ReplyDelete