Monday, July 20, 2015

Today's MOZEN: When Speeding is Not

Words and photo by F LoBuono
Messages come to us in various ways, some obvious, others not so much. In my blog postings I refer to those that are not so readily apparent as MOZEN, my amalgam of moment and zen. To my understanding, zen, in this application, refers to comprehending things at the most elemental level. In other words, it is a deep understanding of WHY things happen. When we have one of those moments of awareness, like the proverbial light bulb going off, we experience MOZEN.

Lately, the frequency of MOZEN seems to be increasing.  For example. recently, in a mad, frantic dash to get of the door of my apartment, a baseball cap saying relax on it fell off the rack and it hit me right on my head. That's MOZEN. And, that word, relax, seems to be the common theme.

I had another incident just the other day. I was driving back from my midnight shift in the City. It was early on a Sunday morning so traffic was relatively light. The road I was traveling, the Palisades Interstate Parkway, has a posted speed limit of 50 mph. However, in the fifteen plus years of almost daily travel on that road, I have virtually never traveled at just 50. And, no one else travels at that speed either. That morning was no exception. I was pacing along with most of the other vehicles, traveling about 65 mph in the right lane. I was not driving aggressively. In fact, I didn't feel like I stood out from the other cars traveling around me in any way at all. Suddenly, I noticed a car right on my rear bumper. I was already in the right land, so there was no way for me to pull over and let him by. Then, I realized that it was no ordinary vehicle - it was a police car and he was "tracking me". For the life of me I couldn't figure out WHY. In my mind, even though I was exceeding the posted speed limit so was everyone else! Quite frankly, it was making me nervous as hell. Sure that he was about to pull me over, I started looking for the important documents I would need when he did. My heart pounding, I resigned myself to my fate and began to practice what I would say - what did I do, officer? I wasn't traveling any faster then anyone else? Why?

Well, much to my surprise, he didn't pull me over. Instead, I heard a disembodied voice. It was his PA system: THE SPEED LIMIT ON THIS ROAD IS 50!

He didn't say another word, slowed his patrol car and pulled off to his left. My heart was still pounding when I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. PHEW, that was weird! Even though I was driving in accordance with the speed and on pace of the other vehicles, technically, I WAS speeding. He could have issued me a summons - but, he did not. I was still shaking a bit from the adrenaline as I approached my exit for the final leg of my trip home.

When I got back to my place, I was still a bit spooked. I've been under a lot of pressure lately from various sources and it was effecting me in less than positive ways. I have made some very poor personal decisions because of it. Some of this stress is generated by circumstances beyond my control. However, much of it lies within my state of mind. And, that is something we should (and can) have in control - at least most of the time. So, what could I take from this? How could it be my latest MOZEN?

I called my spirit guide, Cynthia, to share the story and see what insight she might be able to provide. I was still spooked and was looking for an answer as to why the cop tracked me in the first place. Cynthia said that was the wrong place to be looking. She suggested that to find the MOZEN I should look for the message within the act. She explained:

You are seeing that policeman in the wrong light. You see him as "breaking your balls", asking why did he "hassle" you? Well, he didn't hassle you. In fact, he HELPED you. He was an angel - a messenger delivering a most important dispatch - SLOW down - take control of your life! Technically, he could have given you a ticket. You WERE speeding. But, that was NOT the message he was sent to convey. Now, LISTEN!

This, my friends, is MOZEN. The messages are everywhere. We only need the vision to see them.




No comments:

Post a Comment