Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Today's MOZEN II: Honor Thy Father

Words and photo by F LoBuono
This is my father's Eisenhower jacket. It is one of the few things that I have left of him. He was not a man of means. He left me no money. He left me no property. But, he did me leave this: LOVE will ALWAYS conquer hate. Be tough but, ALWAYS be kind. Be fair and honest. NEVER judge. Do not suffer fools. LEARN everything that you can. Treat EVERYONE with the respect they deserve. There is no substitute for EXPERIENCE. ALWAYS fight injustice wherever you find it - not matter the price. LOVE your family. Bullies are cowards - they will never win in the end. The Yankees rule New York. And, above all, RESPECT YOURSELF.

I write this in HONOR OF MY FATHER, Joseph LoBuono, who's unit of the 3rd Army (see the patch on the left sleeve) helped to liberate the Buchenwald Concentration Camp on April 11, 1945. LISTEN to them. They were not afraid. Fight for freedom. Always. . .



2 comments: