Saturday, May 7, 2016

MOTHER'S DAY 2016

Words and photo by F LoBuono
We love our mothers. Well, certainly most of us do. I certainly love Stella. And, I know that she loves me unconditionally. But, the question remains, do you like your mother?

The answer concerning mine is an unequivocal and resounding YES! Stella is easy to love. She is bright, cheery, compassionate, and, generally, easy going. She enjoys life and wants those around her to enjoy theirs, too. She gives much and asks little in return. This is the love. But, I also LIKE her for much of the same reasons and more.

She and I can converse on just about anything - from politics to sex - yes, sex. How many of you can say you can have adult conversations about sex with your 92 year-old mom?! She is intelligent and fearless. Although a product of her time, her mind is clear, open, and ready to discuss, if not accept (at least right away), new concepts. She prizes honesty above all else. And, she does not suffer fools easily.

I admire all of these traits and would look for them in a friend. Well, I've found one in the person who is closest to me and I have known my entire life. Simply put, I enjoy the hell out of her company! I always have. Perhaps, that's why I call her by her first name, Stella. Some may see that as a sign of disrespect. They shouldn't. In fact, it is an indication that I not only love her, but I LIKE her, as well. Besides, it means Star and I couldn't think of a more appropriate name.

Maybe, this makes me a Mamma's Boy. So be it. I don't care. One of the things that Stella has taught me is to ignore labels anyway.

I am fortunate to have her for yet another Mother's Day. But, between Stella and I, almost everyday is Mother's Day! I hope that all of you can say the same. But, even if your mother has passed, in her heart - and yours - she has never really left. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY - ALL!






No comments:

Post a Comment