Friday, May 20, 2016

Today's MOZEN: Create Your Own Damned Blog!

Add caption
Let me make this abundantly clear: I have no POWER - over anyone or anything other than myself.

I live alone. I have no children. I am not wealthy. I exert no political influence. I am not a genius. I am not physically imposing. I am not a great athlete. I am not overwhelmingly well educated. I have won few, if any, awards for ANYTHING. I do not occupy a position of authority at work. I drive a car with over 230,000 miles on it. My FULK character is nothing more than a whimsical alter ego and defense mechanism.

In other words, I'm just a working-class slob.

And, I've never made any claims otherwise.

About the only thing that I do have control over is what I write in this stupid little blog. And, I put my heart and soul into it. Sometimes  I get things right but, of course, often get it wrong. However, my errors are honest ones, committed in an effort to stimulate discourse and healthy debate. Yes, I can be opinionated - perhaps even to the point of arrogance. But, I created the blog to give expression to MY voice. They're my damned opinions and I own each and every one of them.

Recently, I was accused by a reader of having no right to express the opinions I had put forth on the current state of Broadcast News. He claimed that the decisions made by news executives were way above my pay grade. He further disparaged me as "under qualified". It was almost as if he was put off because I even HAD an opinion and had the temerity to express it.

Well, that may be true. I am not a TV "executive". But, he is missing the point.

MY blog is a showcase for MY work. You are entitled to like it or not. You may follow it or not. You may read it or not. You my BELIEVE me or not. That's the beauty of it. It's FREE - in every sense of the word.

And, it's MINE.

I don't discourage healthy debate. To the contrary, I relish in it. I have thick skin - an essential quality if you wish to write controversial stuff- and I do.  But, my writing is always done from my Point of View because it is MY blog!

If you don't like it and have something to say, then SAY IT - On YOUR OWN DAMNED BLOG.

That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment