Monday, July 3, 2017

Today's MOZEN: Un-electable.

Words and photo by F LoBuono

Believe it or not, I have actually been asked to run for public office. Yes, it's true. And, it's happened on more than one occasion. I am always pleasantly surprised and somewhat flattered when people ask me to consider a run. And, my response is always the same: a sly grin and a polite "thanks, but no thanks".

It's not that I am too selfish to offer my services (well, maybe I am, a little). I give to my community in many, other ways. It's more that I see myself as un-electable. These are the main reasons:

1. I curse so much that I believe that I could make General George S. Patton blush.

2. I have so many skeletons in my closet that I could open my own anatomy lab.

3. I like smoke and lighting - heavy metal thunder - racing with the wind. . .

And, there are MANY more.

No, my friends, I am unfit for public office - and, damned proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment