Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chasing Sandy, Part 1

I am presenting the following photo documentary of my time covering Superstorm Sandy for a major TV News organization. My work took me from Brooklyn to Manhattan, to Atlantic City to Long Beach Island to Seaside Heights to Staten Island to The Rockaways. All in all, I covered a total of 1,262 miles over a 12 day period (10/28-11/8/12). Because I was "embedded" in so many hard hit areas for the breath of the entire storm, I believe that my photos may add a unique perspective. I would like to present them with minimum captioning and let them tell their own stories. They are in chronological order. I have many stories of my own that I will share with you over the course of time.

All words and photos by F LoBuono

Sunday, 10/28/12, Manhattan.


An ominous sky over Manhattan as Sandy insidiously creeps over the city. From W57th St.
Broadway below 30th St. was virtually deserted.
The City took on an ominous glow.
For Times Square, this is EMPTY.



No comments:

Post a Comment