Monday, August 31, 2015

TalkFrank - Focusing On The Issues.

F LoBuono
From time to time, I feel it is important to restate what TalkFrank is about and what we hope to accomplish. First, and perhaps most importantly, it's MY blog. I created TalkFrank to serve as an outlet for the inner workings of my mind. It's a wonderful, freeing experience to create in your own space and time. I need NO publisher to tell me what and when to write.

Be that as it may, I also encourage participation from ALL comers, either directly or indirectly. One can contribute to the blog, as some have already done, by submitting your own work - an article, a photograph, or a video, etc. Or, you can do so indirectly by commenting on what has been posted. Your opinions matter and I do want to hear them. I not only post directly on Google, I also do so on Facebook because it is easier to comment there. I try to make TalkFrank as accessible as possible. And, as I would not be silenced, I would not silence others - even those with widely differing opinions from mine.

However, there are still a few things that need to be understood.

Passionate arguments are not only accepted, they are encouraged! Things will get heated. That's to be expected. I don't want to waste my time or anyone else's with trivial banter. So, our topics will create controversy. Still, hateful speech will not be tolerated. If it's not obscene or violent, I will let it be posted. But, at some point, as I have expressed in a previous MOZEN, if you belabor the same counterpoint - without REASON - I will simply NOT respond to it. I will make my points and move on. I suggest that you do the same.

Refrain from pejoratives, i.e. name calling! It's childish - on both sides of the argument. Adults make points. Children make trouble. So, don't do it. If you don't like something that was said, clarify your reasons why and avoid allowing the discussion to become drivel.

Stay focused and don't hijack the post! Avoid nonsequiturs. If it doesn't relate to the original post, don't go there. Remember, ultimately it's MY post. I would like to go in a certain direction. If you'd like to join me on that journey, great! If not, create you own damned blog.

Thank you for your consideration.




No comments:

Post a Comment